WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF MY TOUR?
• All transportation to-and-from the listed airport.
• All hotel accommodations in Velo Echappe' selected properties.
• All breakfasts, some lunches, and specified group dinners as outlined on each itinerary.
• All gratuities, taxes, and fees for all hotels, included meals, and porter services.
• Daily cycling on either selected routes or on official race routes from the past and present that are simply legendary!
• All daily prepared routes with maps and cue sheets detailing each day’s route with each turn and its corresponding mileage. This is all outlined for you in advance.
• Professional mechanics that will help you build your bike up for you and perform any daily maintenance.
• Pre-departure packet detailing the entire vacation, our hotels, contact info, what to bring, how to prepare, how to pack your bike, and other essential info guaranteed to get you ready for your vacation!
HOW BIG ARE YOUR GROUPS?
Our group's size generally range from 10 - 25 clients with a guide for every 6 people. We have done tours for as many as 70 people though that is not the norm. Most guests are between 25 – 65 years old who have a taste for adventure, a zest for life and love to ride or explore. With groups this size, it allows for the greatest amount of personal attention, flexibility, and manageability while still providing ample opportunity for guests to meet new friends.
WHAT IF I WANT TO COME EARLY OR STAY LATE?
Most of our guests chose this option and we actually encourage early arrivals. There will be designated meeting area for each trip. You will need to be responsible to be there on time. (see below).
WHERE DO I MEET THE GROUP?
On the tour itinerary, there is a specified meeting spot and departure location. These are most typically the nearest international airport unless otherwise specified. We will meet you at the assigned airport and transfer you to our first night's hotel so you don’t need to bother with the difficulties of a foreign language, strange country, local trains, local taxis or driving with jet-lag. We will likewise drop you off at the specified airports and/or train stations so you can get home or on to your next destination without any worries.
DO YOU RECOMMEND TRAVEL INSURANCE AND WHERE CAN I PURCHASE IT?
A definite must! We provide our clients travel insurance through AAA Travel. Please contact us to get more information. Thanks!
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
We reserve the right to cancel any trip if the minimum number of 6 guests is not reached. If a trip is cancelled for this reason, guests will receive a full refund of any deposits or payments made.
Below is the refund policy for guest cancellation.
- 90 or more days prior to trip start date–Refund of all except deposit of $1000.
- 61 to 89 days prior to trip start date–50% of trip price is refunded.
- 41 to 60 days prior to trip start date–25% of trip price is refunded.
- 40 or fewer days prior to trip start date– No refund.
WHAT IF I AM TRAVELING ALONE?
Standard rooming is double occupancy. However, if you are coming solo, we will assign you an agreeable roommate of the same sex and, in many cases, close to the same age.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE INFORMATION
Regarding your arrival and departure times, please don’t finalize your travel plans until after you have received your Pre-Tour Pack or our Deposit Confirmation Email. Both contain important travel information that you will need to follow when making your arrangements. As for your departure, many of our hotels have complimentary shuttle service to the airport so you have more flexibility.
On European tours you do need to depart a day earlier to arrive on time. In other words, if you need to arrive in Europe on the 21st of June, you must plan to depart from the U.S. on the 20th of June. However, when you depart to go back home you will arrive on the same day that you left Europe.
- A complete Pre-Tour Pack will be sent to you upon receipt of your final payment. The packet will contain all of the information you need to help plan your upcoming cycling vacation. They contain everything from what gears to bring, how to pack your bike, travel guidance, safety lessons, daily itineraries, outlines of famous race routes or upcoming climbs, and much more.
- Each guest must provide the medical health certificate as needed for any event.
- All guests are required to sign a Waiver of Release of Liability prior to their tour and are to include it with their final payment. Because of the inherent risks with bicycle touring, no one is allowed to join us on a vacation without having first been confirmed that we have received their signed copy of this release form.
- All guests are required to wear a helmet the entire time they are on the bike during our vacations for safety reasons.
- Because some of our cycling routes are on roads with little or no shoulder, you should be comfortable riding in close proximity to motorized vehicles.