you are a cyclist or an avid spectator, we would like to welcome
you to the 100th TDF Mont Ventoux to Paris Cycling Vacation! If
you are looking to experience over 100 years of cycling history,
then this is the ultimate ride that showcases the very best of the
French countryside and the history and drama of the Tour!
Beginning in sunny Provence
at our 5-star hotel / spa in one of France's most beautiful villages,
Gordes, you'll embark on a cycling pilgrimage that includes riding
up such historical climbs as Mont Ventoux, the Col de Galibier,
L'Alpe d'Huez, the Col de Glandon, Les Deux Alpes, and will finish
with a memorable ride from Versailles to Paris on the final Sunday.
Along the way, you'll feel the presence of past Tour champions like
Coppi, Anquetil, Merckx, Hinault, Lemond, Fignon, Indurain and others
as you ride the legendary roads where history has been made. In
addition, you'll experience all the craziness of the Publicity Caravan,
the "WOW!" moments in France's most beautiful villages,
and enjoy the front-row view of seeing the "Yellow Jersey"
and your favorite cyclists battle it out for the race lead during
the final eleven days!
Along with all the great
cycling, you can look forward to relaxing each evening in our charming
4-star and 5-star hotels in Gordes, Les Deux Alpes, Annecy, and
Paris where you'll enjoy the spectacular views, delicious group
dinners, and have the opportunity to meet fellow cyclists from all
around the globe. It all adds up to an unforgettable ride through
100 years of cycling history as you ride from Mont Ventoux to the
center of Paris!
In The News. In
2010, Joe Chappell (University of Kentucky Professor) and Bill Gorton
(Lexington Attorney) joined us on our France Pro Tour Alps Vacation.
can read their story here at Kentucky.com.
- 2013 will be our 16th season of creating and producing cycling
tours in Europe and it will be our 13th season at the TDF. That's
longer than many companies have been around!
- An award-winning staff that has worked together for over10 years
at the TDF. Believe us, that in-depth experience counts, particularly
when working around the colossal TDF organization!
- Hand-picked viewing sites for the TDF stages based on our experience
that will allow you to have a front-row seat of all of the action!
- Staying for three nights in Provence at our 5-star hotel/spa
in the center of Gordes, one of the most beautiful villages in
- Riding through the charming hilltop towns of La Coste, Bonnieux,
Menerbes, Roussillon, Venasque, and others.
- WOW! Cycling over the Col du Murs and up the
"Giant of Provence," Mont Ventoux, on Bastille Day and then watching
the pros race up it later that afternoon from our exclusive viewing
- WOW! Riding L'Alpe d'Huez on the same day as
the pros where they will make two ascents of this epic climb!
This will be a first in Tour history!
- Private VIP lunch atop L'Alpe d'Huez along with private viewing
space in which to watch this monumental stage!
- In addition to L'Alpe d'Huez on race day, challenging yourself
on such historical climbs as the Col de Galibier, the Col de Glandon,
the Col de la Croix de Fer, Les Deux Alpes, and others.
- Witnessing the daily "Sign-In" with all of the pros for Stage
19 in Bourg d'Oisans!
- Watching the final stage of the Tour under the lights from our
4-star Private Viewing Suites that feature a bar, large screen
TV's, private viewing balconies, private restrooms, private entrance,
hors-d'oeuvres, relaxing couches and armchairs, and unobstructed
views of the race!
- Climbing the Col de Glandon / Col de la Croix de Fer on the
same day as the pros for Stage 19 and having a front-row view
to all of the action at our exclusive viewing area later that
- Transfer to Paris in 1st Class style aboard the TGV high-speed
- WOW! Versailles to Paris Bike Tour! Ride the
finishing circuit from Versailles to the heart of Paris including
the Champs-Elysees and around the Arc de Triumph on the final
Sunday of the 100th Edition!
- LUXURY VIEWING SUITES IN PARIS!!! Our luxury
viewing suites in Paris are in 4-star hotels on the final circuit!
All of the viewing suites come complete with open bar, large-screen
TV's, hors-d'oeuvres, private bathrooms, relaxing furniture, and
private viewing balconies offering unobstructed views of the race!
- Unparalleled logistical and on-road sag support with our bi-lingual
staff, custom-made bike truck, vans, and coaches.
- A staff-to-guest ratio of 1:6 so everyone gets the needed direction
and care during the trip.
- Daily breakfasts and group dinners that have been specifically
designed with the needs of cyclists that are accompanied by beer
- Unlimited beverages, snacks, and energy bars on all rides.
- Professional mechanics from the leading bike shops in Austin,
San Jose, and Boulder who will help build your bike up for you,
perform the daily maintenance, and help you re-pack it at the
end of trip if necessary.
- Daily Cultural Excursions for all Non-riders!
With the aid of our bi-lingual French guides from Provence, our
non-riding guests will be taken on daily cultural excursions to
such places as wine tasting, chocolate boutiques, horseback riding,
museum tours, pottery and art studios, castle tours, etc. Also,
a daily home-made French picnic is included. (The itinerary will
depend on what is available in each region).
- Giant TCR Composite Rental Bikes are available for this trip.
here for more details.